Terrace Safety Ltd. specializes in connecting Alberta’s Oil and Gas and industrial sectors with leading edge Health & Safety Professionals. We pride ourselves on our team of professionals who share our commitment and enthusiasm for providing progressive Health & Safety solutions to our clients.
We are currently seeking experienced professionals for a variety of Safety Technician assignments during a series of Turnaround & Shutdown projects as they arise during various times of the year.
Positions Available: Safety Technician
Type of Position: Casual/Contract/Temporary
Location: Various Field Locations, AB
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Safety Watch and Rescue Technicians are essential to ensuring a safe & successful delivery of multiple facets of facility operations and plant turnaround projects.
Safety Technicians must coordinate successfully with the full Health & Safety and Operations teams while being responsible for key roles relating to a wide variety of activities including confined space activities, bottle watch, fluid handling and cleaning/maintenance of key equipment.
In addition, Safety Technicians are relied on to master client critical procedures and safety work practices, and be committed to actively participating and promoting our client’s established occupational health and safety programs. They will be responsible for a wide variety of various task(s), including but not limited to:
- Safety Watch
- Emergency Rescue Technician
- Confined Space Monitoring
- Confined Space Rescue
- High Angle Rescue
- Area Monitoring
- Bottle Watch or Supplied Breathing Air
- Gas Monitoring
- Breathing Air Pack Supply
- Fluid Handling
- Equipment & Pack Cleaning
- Fire Watch
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Recent remote-site experience performing Safety Watch duties in the Oil & Gas and/or Industrial sectors
- Recent experience with plant turnaround and/or shutdown projects strongly preferred.
- Valid Safety certifications incl. H2S alive, TDG, WHMIS and Standard First Aid, Confined Space Entry
- As travel is required, a valid Class 5 licence is necessary.
- Be willing and able to travel to client project sites.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Enjoy working in challenging remote outdoor assignments and be in excellent physical condition
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and in person & the proven ability to read, write, and comprehend English and complete routine reports and correspondence.
- Proven ability to remain open-minded, solutions-oriented and objective while successfully managing multiple projects and priorities amidst a dynamic and high-paced work environment.
- Possess exceptional attention to detail with the ability to perform duties with strict adherence to all Safe work practices, policies and Procedures
All members of the Terrace Safety Team are rewarded with a highly competitive compensation package including industry leading rates, training assistance, mentoring & long-term career development.
To pursue this opportunity, please visit the Careers page of our website &
submit an online application for “Safety Technician ” complimented by a current Resume
We look forward to hearing from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest but regret only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
No phone calls please.